Shaw is a trendy enclave offering delicious eateries, modern art, global restaurants, and unique boutiques to residents and visitors.
WELCOME TO SHAW
WHAT TO LOVE
- Rich and dynamic history
- Cool local shops
- Developing downtown area
- Luxury real estate
- High-end eateries and nightlife
- Upscale urban feel
- Buttercream Bakeshop. This bakery is the acclaimed flagship bakery of Tiffany MacIsaac. Tiffany is an award-winning pastry chef who brings her delicious treats to the Shaw community. From cookies to cakes to decadent confections, every sweet tooth will be satisfied at the Buttercream Bakeshop.
- The 9:30 Club. The atmosphere of the 9:30 Club is one you simply have to experience. With almost nightly shows, this club always has a talented musician to enjoy. In addition, this venue serves up delicious and healthy eats. Everything served at the 9:30 Club is freshly made, free-range, and preservative, hormone, antibiotic, and nitrate-free.
- The Howard Theater. The Howard Theater hosts a variety of events ranging from awards, concerts, musical shows, and private events. Plus, the space transforms into a nightclub during the evening. Be sure to check out the Howard Theater if you’re in the mood for music and dancing.
- Atlantic Plumbing Cinema. More than your typical movie theater, Atlantic Plumbing Cinema offers a unique screening experience. Here, relax in plush furniture, enjoy delicious treats, and enjoy popular films. This cinema shows everything from new indie movies to the biggest blockbuster shows.
- Seaton Elementary School: Grades PK-5, Public
- City Center Public Charter School: Grades PK–8, Public
- KIPP D.C. Lead Academy Charter School: Grades PK–12, Public
- Emery L Fears Boys Academy: Grades 6–12, Private
- The School Without Walls High School: Grades 9–12, Public (AP course offerings)